During the winter months please remember to check your water pipes frequently. Be sure heat tape is working properly, and there is sufficient insulation. Drip water if necessary when it’s extremely cold to avoid pipes freezing if this is a regular issue for your.
Keep your mobile home warm this winter
Yes, you can stay warm this winter and keep your heating bills down at the same time. Check out these tips on how to keep the heat inside and the cold outside.
- Add window treatments for a touch of color in your home, which will also let the sunshine in when open, and keep warm air inside when shut at night. Consider adding a curtain in front of doors as well. If you don’t mind spending more, you could even invest in solar shades or thermal-lined draperies.
- Use draft stoppers to keep gusts of cold air from slipping in beneath your doors. You can buy them or create your own by filling a fabric tube with newspaper or simply using a rolled up towel or blanket.
- Put down some area rugs which can help insulate the floor and keep cold air trapped beneath them. They also help keep feet nice and warm.
- Make sure your furniture doesn’t cover your heating vents.
- Stretch sheets of plastic across your windows on the inside of the window frames. You can buy sheets of plastic in kits for this purpose.
- Check electrical outlets which can let heat escape your home, especially if cracked. After turning off the electricity, remove the electrical plate and reseal the inside with caulk to help keep warm air indoors.
- Leave your oven open once it’s turned off after a home cooked meal. This will share the oven’s heat with the rest of your home instead of letting it go to waste.
- Think about having storm windows installed if your home doesn’t already have them. And, if any current storm windows are broken or cracked, get them repaired.
- Be sure to change your furnace filter on a regular basis.
Following these suggestions will help you stay warm and cozy all season long.
*** A COPY OF THE COTTON FARMS COMMUNITY GUIDELINES MAY BE OBTAINED AT THE PARK OFFICE DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS ***